Gold Stripping

(2001)

I am looking for a reagent to strip gold with. Hopefully somewhat selective. The reagent I used some time ago was made by a company called American Chemical or American Gold and Refining, something close to that. Has anyone heard of this company or maybe give me a lead on a similar product. They made a buffered KCN with an organic acid additive that helped the selectivity. They also made an excellent zinc based precip agent.

Hal Palmer
- Blanding, UT

(2001)

Hal,

Personally I haven't the slightest clue ... BUT may I suggest you contact ANACHEMIA SCIENCE who have an office in the USA, too, I believe.

Anachemia specialize, amongst other things, in looking after Mining (gold, in particular) laboratories all across the world.

I hope that helps.

CHEERS !

(2001)

There's a company in Rhode Island called Covofinish, specializing in precious metal stripping and recovery. They make a product called Covostrip Au that you mix with cyanide. It works great. I think it was 10 oz/gal KCN and 10% Covostrip Au.

George Brackett III
- Utica, New York