Bath to Etch Small Brass Parts

2001

We are looking for a bath to etch small brass parts prior to encapsulation in an epoxy resin. Have you any information that would assist in this procedure.

David Forshaw
Patton and Cooke Co - Surrey, B.C. Canada

2001

David,

As far as a 'bath' is concerned, no sweat. It just depends on the acids you want to use, the tank size and at what temperature. For small tanks, we have (i.e., Canada has) rectangular moulded Polyethylene tanks up to 500 imp. gallon.

I hope this helps.

Freeman Newton [dec.]
White Rock, British Columbia, Canada

(It is our sad duty to advise that Freeman passed away

2001

I wonder if you really mean "etch", or just to deoxidize (so the resin adheres well)? Perhaps my reply to letter #8275 will be helpful.

W. Carl Erickson
- Rome, New York