Removal of Metal Impurities in Cu Plating Tank

2001

I want to extract Iron, nickel and zinc ions from acid copper plating tank. I have tried to dummy plate such item in low current density (2-5 ASF), but it doesn't work. Could anyone suggest to me for any treatment.

Sylvia So
- Hong Kong

2001

Practically speaking....cut the bath 25-50%. Low current dummying really isn't practical. Acid Copper can take quite a bit of metallic impurities before it begins to affect the deposit but when it does it is much easier to just decant off a portion. A good idea is to drag the tank bottom daily for parts as the solution will dissolve them rapidly.

jim conner
Jim Conner
Anoplex - Dallas, Texas USA