British Standards for Salt Spray Test

adv.   auto technology banner

(2001)

I am involved in a project that is concerned with corrosive resistance of alternators. One of the tests will be to spray salt solution to the alternators and determine which one corrodes quickest. I, therefore, need a copy of the British Standards for Salt Spray Solution. Could anyone direct me as to where I can get a copy.

Thank-you,

Chris Liassides
- Loughborough, England

(2001)

I don't know if Britain has a different version of salt spray testing than the United States, but we use ASTM B117 [link by ed. to spec at TechStreet] as our spec for salt spray. This specification also cites using Type IV water according to ASTM D1193 [link by ed. to spec at TechStreet]. Basically, salt spray solution is a 5% sodium chloride solution prepared with deionized water.

tim neveau
Tim Neveau
Rochester Hills, Michigan