Chlorine Resistant Masking Material/Film

(2001)

I am working on a project in a Chemical plant where I am facing few problems. The process is of electrolysis in which caustic soda NaOH is produced from brine solution (NaCl + H2O) resulting in Chlorine atmosphere where everything is corroded. Now I want a masking/adhesive material/film that must be chlorine resistant that can protect front door of control panel having operator touch screen.

If you can help me in this regard I will be grateful.

Usman Latif
-Lahore, Punjbad, Pakistan

(2001)

I have had electrical equipment with gasketed access doors corrode badly outside (not inside), when in either a salt (NaCl), or acid (HCl) containing mist. We slowed it some by cleaning, and then coating all exposed surfaces with several coatings of Carnuba Wax [linked by editor to product info at Amazon]. This takes a lot of "elbow grease", but works, for a while.

W. Carl Erickson
- Rome, New York