No registration, no passwords; no pop-up ads -- just aloha, fun, & authoritative answers.
As an eBay Partner & Amazon Affiliate we receive compensation for qualifying purchases.

pub  Where the world gathers for

-----

I Need to Know How to "Age" the Look of New Chrome

I have a pedestal sink from the 1800's that I'm going to install in a new home. The fixtures can't be used on it, so I have a brand new chrome faucet that I would like to give an "aged" look to. I've been told that it can be acid washed, but I don't want to do anything without having really good instructions. Any advice please?

R. West
- Memphis, Tennessee
2001

The best way to age metal is to soak it in vinegar [in bulk on eBay or Amazon affil links] for an hour then leave it to dry for a day or so.

Harry Wright
- Essex, UK
2004

(No "dead threads" here! If this page isn't currently on the Hotline your Q, A, or Comment will restore it)

About/Contact  -  Privacy Policy  -  ©1995-2024 finishing.com, Pine Beach, New Jersey, USA  -  about "affil links"