Jones Reagent

(2001)

I 'm currently working on my research project. I want to oxidize alcohol to ketone by using jones reagent as oxidizing reagent. I would appreciate it if somebody could help me know how to prepare chromic acid (jones reagent).

Thank you very much,

Ahmed Adam
- Warrensburg, Missouri

(2003)

Add approximately 2 mL of concentrated sulfuric acid to 2 grams of sodium dichromate dihydrite dissolved in 6 mL of water. Should form a carrot orange solution. This is the Jones Reagent.

Douglas Placais
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Jones reagent can be prepared by slow addition of H2SO4 into cold solution of Cr3 in H2O

Sheezaiqbal
- Lahore, Pakistan