How to Achieve High-Quality Champagne Colour Anodizing

(2001)

Dear Sir,

I have anodizing plant in Pune, India., I do plain anodizing to Aluminium sections.

Now my customers want me to do their job in "CHAMPAGNE" bright polished colour as available in USA & this colour should remain in sunlight for many months . I have tried with local made colour chemical but the shade is dark yellow & the shade has become very dull in 3-4 days.

I have installed one tank for colour process.

Will you please inform me, what steps I should adopt to get "Champagne bright polish colour" & to stay for couple of months. Also inform if any changes or additions to be made in my plant connected to tank, rectifier etc.

Thank You, Regards,

Shekhar kulkarni
SK Anodizers - Pune, Maharashtra, India

(2001)

Shekhar,

Please excuse my informal address, however, I have a very small commercial anodising plant, and specialise in decorative and protective coatings of precision and designer componentry. I have also had requests for "champagne" coloured components, and have successfully dyed with a very dilute Clariant Yellow at about 1.5 grams per litre. This results in a very washed-out green/yellow which I suppose is supposed to be "Champagne". What a conceptual colour is that? Nonetheless the clients have accepted it.

I invite further correspondence; I think that the small operators in this field have a quality-control advantage over the larger industrial-based operations and this is the angle that I am operating on. My business is only two years old, but growing (slowly and surely).

Alex Reddaway
-Canberra A.C.T. Australia

(2006)

Dear Sir,

Which RAL number will give me champange colour. I will use it for aluminum shutter.

Lisa Rose
inter trade - Ankara, Turkey