Zinc Coating Corrosion Prevention

(2001)

I'm a final year varsity student and now I'm attached with my final year project. My project is on corrosion field. I'm doing zinc coating as a cathodic protection coating, in which the zinc will act as an sacrificial element to protect the inner metal. The objective of my project is to determine the best process between electroplating and hot dip galvanizing, both with zinc. I would wonder what kind of industry can I relate to with my project, so that it can ease my research. Any opinion or suggestion is very much appreciated.

Eric Raymond
- Johor, Malaysia

(2002)

A. Hi,

Your subject has a lot of application on ships which are coated with zinc in order to avoid corrosion

WJOOD .T.S
- IRAQ

(2004)

A. Try automotive, HVAC or any industry that uses galvanized steel for atmospheric corrosion applications.

Your best best is to contact AK steel in Ohio.

Kam Dianatkhah
- Dallas, Texas

(2004)

A. The best industry to look into zinc coating is the gas turbine industry.

Eytan
- TLV, Israel

A. Hi.

Almost all hardware (nuts, bolts, screws, washers) is either zinc plated or galvanized. In general, zinc electroplating is used for thin semi-decorative coatings whereas hot dip galvanizing is used for much heavier and therefore more corrosion resistant hardware.