Can electropolishing remove silver/cadmium from heading punch?

(2001)

I'm running a progressive die in a stamping operation which produces silver rivets formed in place on a brass substrate by heading silver wire. I need to clean out the 90/10 silver/cadmium oxide from the cavities of the heading punches. The punches are carbide with highly polished cavities. The silver seems to mechanically plate onto the heading surface and is extremely difficult to polish out. I'm wondering if electropolishing is a practical alternative to clean these tools. If so how might I proceed or who might guide me?

Ed Brant
Pass & Seymour Legrand - Whitsett, North Carolina

(2001)

This appears to be an application where Arm & Hammer ARMEX, a baking soda based method of mild abrasive cleaning might work.

W. Carl Erickson
- Rome, New York