-----

"How do I oxidize a sheet of copper?"

2001

HELP! I saw a process done once where a man used different chemicals (acids) to create a reaction to a sheet of copper to cause the surface to become iridescent. Each chemical he used caused a different color or multiple of colors to appear on the sheet of copper. He would use a very large sheet of copper and create this surface. Afterwards he was able to cut the sheet of metal down and adhere it to certain surfaces like wood so the wood was covered in this patina type surface. Does anyone know what this process is called and how I can accomplish this myself?

Vicki Vowell
- Ft. Worth Texas
^

2001

If you want sheet copper to appear 100 years old immediately use 0000 0000 steel wool [affil. link to info/product at Rockler] and Muriatic Acid [affil. link to info/product on Amazon] , just rub copper with wool and brush on muriatic acid {not diluted } and the next morning it will be green.

Jasper M Chambers
- Beckley, WV
^