Info needed on gray water disposal

(2000)

I wish to build a house on a 2 acre lot I already own. It is heavily wooded. I plan to use an electric toilet for human waste but need to filter or other wise get the 'gray water' treated. My property is on an incline of 26 degrees. PA only allows a slope of 25 degrees for septic systems. My Present dwelling has been using a septic for 40 years with no problems on the adjoining 6 acres with a 27 degree slope but 'regs are regs'. There is no other house within 1,000 feet and no way to build one because of the topography. This is for a single family dwelling. Are there systems at a reasonable cost? The only one I could find was $30,000.

Bill Cunningham
- Glenville, Pennsylvania

I suggest you check out www.oasisdesign.net for valuable information on the subject, and see www.thenaturalhome.com for low cost design, supplies, etc for greywater systems to include a passive system. Also, www.greywater.com has drawings, photos and technical analysis in comparisons to grey and black water.

Since I'm in Pennsylvania also I'd would appreciate a follow up on your experience in getting it approved for new construction.

John Lain
- West Chester Pennsylvania