Alternative to pickling acid for deburring

(2000)

We manufacture shower heads (200-300mm) with 0.4mm holes. We debur the holes by passing hydrofluoric/nitric acid pickle through the holes in a semi-automated process. I am keen to remove HF from our factory and this is the last application for which we require HF. Can anyone suggest an alternative. Would aqua regia (HCl/HNO3) do the trick?

Previously the holes were deburred manually so, if I am to eliminate HF, the alternative has to be good. thanks in advance.

Nick Cooper
- Bridgend, Wales, UK

(2000)

I don't know what material you are etching, but stainless steel is etched by chloride, so I suppose I would try hot chlorides of various types mixed with nitric acid.

pooky
tom pullizi signature