Palladium -- what is it and how do I recycle it?

(2001)

Q. Hello!

Want to ask you the properties of palladium. What makes palladium as expensive as it is. Please send me the answer.

Thanks a lot!

Ahmet Sen [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Istanbul, Turkey

(2000)

Q. I am interested in the computer recycling business and have learned that palladium is one of the by-products that comes from such recycling. I am interested in learning what components may contain palladium as I have learned that it has a high dollar cost and would like to know maybe how much content is in the computer scrap. If you have any answers for me, I would appreciate it. thank you

robert hentnik
computers - fredericksburg, Texas usa

(2000)

A. Palladium is a precious metal, one of the naturally occurring elements. It is sometimes electroplated onto contacts.

If you wish to go into the precious metal recovery business, and if you have or can get the capital, you may of course; then you can recover palladium and other metals. But if you are not interested in the major regulatory hassles and capital expense inherent in this, you should just ship your materials to a refinery, because I don't think palladium recovery is something you can do as a sideline in a back room.

(2001)

Q. Further to the recycling of palladium, we also are interested in shipping this off to be recycled. Do you know where we can ship. We have circuit boards from telephone equipment. We are located in Canada, but shipping to the US would not be a problem.

PJ Gillespie
- Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada

(2006)

Q. I would like to know how you test the points for palladium?

AL YASCAVAGE SR
SELF - HUNLOCK CREEK, Pennsylvania

Q. Hi all, Is there anyone that knows how to extract palladium from a nitric acid solution? I have recovered gold from my jeweler's bench scraps, but the remaining nitric solution still contains silver and palladium. I am hoping to be able to recover it.

Kirsten Ingunza
manufacturing jeweller - Australia