-----

"Aluminum Intake Coatings?"

2000

I am inquiring about the best type of coating for a vintage aluminum intake manifold. I would prefer a coating that would give a sheen to the slightly stained bead blasted surface that looks like new aluminum. Are powdercoating or ceramic coating preferred for this type of application. I am willing to ship the part.

Dennis Gardner
- Liberal, Kansas
^

2000

Depends a lot on whether this is a "points" car. If not, then many choices are available to you. Powder coating works quite well. Many of our customers like a color for the intake, i.e., yellow, black, or silver. Others just want the intake bead blasted, then we apply a powder clearcoat. The gloss of the clearcoat is your choice....high gloss, satin, or flat. There should be some custom coating job shops in your area. Just tell them what end result you are looking for and I'll bet they can help. Good luck.

Paul Norman
Paul Norman
- Odessa, Texas
^