Heat treatment of low carbon steel

(2000)

I'm a student, I need to kwon what is the temperature of solubilization of cementite in a SAE 1005 steel?

Luciana Stuewe
- Joinville, Santa Catarina, Brazil

(2000)

I'm slightly unsure of what your asking.

If you want to know when cementite forms a solid solution with ferrite, in what is called austenite. Then it's 723 °C.

If you want to know then a liquid plus austenite solution starts to form, then it depends on the carbon content of your steel. Get an iron-iron carbide phase diagram, also known as iron-carbon equilibrium diagram, all good text books should have them. And read off that.

I hope this has helped.

Ian Brooke
university - Glasgow, Scotland

(2003)

For the steel you have referred lower critical temperature will be the solutionizing temperature for cementite

Biswas D
- Noida, UP, India