-----

Excessive foam formation in UF1 dip tank

Q. First and foremost, I am a 7-month-old cataphoresis coating staff. I'm a supplier, and I can't solve my client's problem. At times, the foam level in Uf 2 bottom tanks reaches 20 cm to 2 meters (1 time per month). As a result of our fast increase, I'm encountering pinhole-like quality issues on the trunk lids and inside the doors of our vehicles. We've tried just about everything. I want to find a long-term solution to this problem. Is there a defoamer or a device that empties the foam in the tank that we can use?

61499-1

This is how our system works.
ED bath, UF2 spray, and UF1 dip.

Thank you!br Nihat Cibooğlu
- Turkey Kocaeli

A. Hi Nihat. Although I'm not experienced in UF tanks after electrocoating, I have seen foaming caused by air leaks, cavitation, etc. Although the paint formulation may have a bit to do with the foam I suspect the bigger cause is something improper in the piping causing large amounts of entrained air. Here is a great youtube video, and you might jump to 48:20 to hear some thoughts about excessive foam in the UF tanks --