-----

316L Stainless Steel is too springy

Q. I'm Girius, a specialist in design and manufacture of medical devices for Australian wildlife.
I have a project that requires the use of 316L stainless steel half rings that will be closed to full rings. I was wondering if there was away to remove some or ALL the springiness from 316L stainless steel, but without compromising its corrosion resistance? When the half rings are closed, they never quite fully close due to spring-back.
If there is an easy method to achieve this, please let me know. I am not concerned about the the final stiffness or strength.

Girius Antanaitis
- Melbourne Australia
^