The world's oldest & most popular finishing site, and striving to be its friendliest corner

Color anodizing braided fuel lines

Hello. I am looking to see if at all possible to anodize braided fuel line. I was wondering if it's possible to do it. Due to the braided rubber. Would the acid bath destroy the fuel line? Would I have to separate the fuel line from the rubber and then anodize it? Looking for a specific colour to match my engine bay hence why I'm asking.

60994-1

Richard McArthur
Automotive fabrication - Kelowna, Canada

A. Is the braid actually aluminum? Most are stainless steel.

It would be very difficult to anodize braid. There would a problem of little/no anodizing where the strands overlap, and rinsing would be a bear.

And you'd have to remove the braid from the assembly.

Jeffrey Holmes, CEF
Spartanburg, South Carolina