-----

"The best way to have colored pots and pans"

Q. We are a startup that wants to develop a new line of pots for home cooking. The cool thing about our products will be to use cool colors.

I would like to ask for help in knowing the best process to use to bring color to pots and pans.

Here are the details:

The material is flat Stainless Steel type 304. Thickness 1/16" and 1/8".
The process for giving shape will be depending on volume. For low volume products we will use spinning process and for high volume we will deep drawn them.
We need to be aware that this products need to compliant with NSF standards.
The colors that we want to have are: black, blue, red and gold.
This line of products will not be in contact to direct fire as this will be used only for oven applications. The max temperature will be 650 °F.
The inner part of the pot sometimes we want it natural finish and sometimes we will need it colored. The outside we will want colored.

I hope you can help!

Jaime O'brain
- Mexico
^

Le Creuset cookware

A. Hi Jaime. I don't think stainless steel anodizing will hold up to such an environment. I can't think of any reasonable alternatives to the colored ceramic enamels used by Le Creuset, et al. Maybe another reader will have an idea.

^