How to Recover Tin, Copper & Lead from their chlorides

Q. I have a solution that contains chlorides of tin, lead and copper.
How can I recover all the three metals from them?

Rashid Khan
- Mumbai, India

A. Hi Rashid. Unfortunately there is a good chance that it's completely non-feasible :-(

But give us an analysis of what you have or an anticipated analysis of what you expect to get, and the volume, and people can try to help. What is the source, as contaminants may make recovery more difficult? Thanks.

Q. Thanks for your reply. Actually I had bought a solder waste from a company that manufactures electronic circuit boards. I had its sample tested at the lab.That contains 55% tin, 40% lead & 5% copper. I dissolved it into HCL and tried to recover tin with aluminum foils. But Aluminum displaces all three metals again. So, I want to know a method through which we can recover all three metals one by one. Now, I have a solution that contains chlorides of all these three metals.
Thanks for your help!

Rashid Khan
- Mumbai, India