-----

"SPC measurement for Leadframe Plating Thickness"

Q. My situation: I wanted to create a control chart for plotting measurements of LEADFRAME TIN-PLATING THICKNESS. What is the BEST type of control chart to use?

Also, If I will measure the tin-plating thickness, WHERE or WHICH PART OF the LEADFRAME is the BEST to measure

Kaycelyn Valenzuela
Continuous Improvement Section Head - Philippines
^

A. X-bar and R chart; use a sample size that makes sense for the size of the part 3 to 10 readings roughly in the same areas and average for each point. Subtract the highest from the lowest to get your range point.

I would use a histogram, mean and at each standard deviation to check for normality when you have 25 points.

If it's roughly normal you're good to go.

Ronald Zeeman
Coil Coating - Brampton, Ontario, Canada
^