-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry

What is flash anodizing?

Q. Hi Everyone

I would like to know what is flash anodizing? And what is the process?
My customer is looking for this kind of surface treatment on aluminum profiles, but little information for it.

Thank you and looking for reply if anyone knows it.

Angelina Lu
- Taipei , Taiwan

Hi Angelina. Sorry, I have personally never heard of Flash Anodizing.

But if no one comes forward who knows of it, I will mention that there is an old parlor game called Telephone or Chinese Whispers where six or eight people sit in a row of chairs and the first person whispers a word or phrase into the ear of the second, who whispers what he heard into the ear of the third and so on. The last person eventually shouts out what he heard, to the amusement of all. If we add in the possible element of translation when people speak different languages it can get silly fast :-)

My guess is that your customer is interested in Spark Anodizing. Good luck.

A. On our zinc electroplating line we occasionally do what is called a flash coat. If a HDG coated coil has poor adhesion a very thin coat of EG is applied. I wonder if the term flash in the only commonality or if what your looking for is somewhat similar.

Ronald Zeeman
- Brampton, Ontario, Canada

©1995-2018, Inc., Pine Beach, NJ   -   About   -  Privacy Policy