Smoothing sharp edges on stainless steel shot

I would be very grateful if you could help me.
My friend Michelle and I have bought some mixed stainless steel shot for my tumbler and the pins have very sharp edges, thus damaging the rubber in the tumbler; water after tumbling is coming out black. What would be the necessary steps to take this sharpness off the shot but still leaving the pins highly polished so they can burnish the silver bits we make? The tumblers are small jewellery ones. We are art jewellers, not mass producers.
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Kind regards,
Aida

Aida De la Herran
Art Jewellery designer maker - www.aida.je - St. Saviour, Jersey, Channel Islands