23+ years of serious education, promoting Aloha,
& the most fun you can have in metal finishing smiley

Gold Plating, Making of Gold Potassium Cyanide

(2000)

I am small size gold electro plater for jewelry. Can some body tell me how to make small amounts of gold potassium cyanide from gold and potassium cyanide.

SADHU KRISHNAYYA
SUDHA GOLD COVERING INDUSTRIES - Machilipatnam, Andhra Pradesh,India

(2000)

HI SADHU KRISHNAYYA

I read your question.

I am not a chemist so I can't tell you how to produce gold potassium cyanide. But I do have a perfect method for gold eplating using far less dangerous chemicals. If you want to use eplating using gold potassium cyanide you will have to take a lot of safety precautions. The method I use is much simpler.

I have experience with eplating thin layers of gold on top of gold and palladium substrates (thin is anything between 100 nm and a few microns). I use a commercially available eplating kit which is very easy to use.

Arjan van Zuuk
Technical University Delft - Delft The Netherlands

2006

We are an Organisation for the disabled people in Kenya.
We do plating using sodium cyanide,the chemical is both dangerous and dear to get, kindly advice as on gold and silver plating process that involves simple process and less harmful chemical.

Thank you for your valid contribution.

Stephen Ondoro Nalebeson
Bombolulu Workshops - Mombasa, Kenya