Dissolve brass fitting out of stainless flange

Q. Hi, I have a ConFlat vacuum flange (stainless steel) that is tapped 1/16 NPT. While removing a brass fitting from the flange it snapped off! I tried a couple different screw extractors and also heated it to 350 °F while trying to back it out. All that happens is that I lose more thickness from the brass wall. I'm afraid to do more mechanical attempts and wondered if there was something that would dissolve the brass but leave the stainless intact? Speed is not an issue. Any ideas?

Corby Dawson
Scientific equipment restorer (Hobby) - Lompoc, California USA

Corby,
(adv)
Yes, I have a product for stripping copper off of stainless that ought to take care of that for you. Let me know if I can help.

ray kremer

A. Concentrated nitric acid might work. Or, perhaps, concentrated aqua ammonia, possibly with EDTA added. Might loosen it, at least.