Tin plating over zinc coated high carbon steel wire

Q. My company is in process of in house trials that require hot dipped tin coating over zinc coated high carbon steel wire.
There are several areas that I need answers to. I will list a few to get started.
1. What caustic solution is needed to prep the zinc wire before Tin bath?
2. Speeds of wire passing through tin bath to achieve a minimum of .003 oz/ft2 tin wt.
3. What type of wipe is needed to get a uniform tin coating on the wire

We have been already been involved w/ another source to provide sample testing. There have been issues of stripping off the zinc in the process. Testing has confirmed the flux(Hydrochloric acid/zinc) did not strip zinc coating, the Tin bath actual did this.

There is a lot more info that I have, too numerous to write now.
We would be open to a professional to come to our facility to help us kick start this project

Al Brown
- Milton, Florida, USA

help wanted ad
Plating Process Engineer [Wenatchee, WA]
Plating Supervisor [Chicago]
Plating Quality Inspector [Chicago]