Hardcoat Rectifiers and Systems

(2000)

Does anyone have any information on the advantages of halfwave, pulse or conventional rectifiers for Hardcoat anodize. Also does anyone have any experience with Alpha Systems for their hardcoat lines. I would greatly appreciate any help or advice on this subject matter. Thanks, Tim Neth

Tim Neth
- Buffalo NY USA

(2000)

Based on our testing and experience, bath additives and modified electrical waveforms do not measurably benefit a well designed and properly controlled hardcoating system. They can, however, "open the window" to let marginal systems achieve acceptable hardcoat results with wider process parameters.

Chris Jurey, Past-President IHAA
Luke Engineering & Mfg. Co. Inc.
Wadsworth, Ohio

luke engineering banner

(2000)

Mr Neth: I can refer you to the author of a PhD thesis on the subject of pulse anodizing of Aluminum. This author has given many presentations before the AESF and other Educational Societies.

If you would be good enough to contact me, I would be pleased to give you his phone and/or E-Mail address. You may make contact with him at your leisure. It is my understanding that obtaining high quality pulse rectifiers may be a bit vexing. This gentleman may also be able to steer you in the correct direction

ed budman
eb sig
Ed Budman
- Pennsylvania