-----

Problem in barrel cyanide plating

I am having a problem with my cyanide barrel, when I rack the job in the same bath, plating comes out good and when I try it in the barrel the plating doesn't come. The rotation speed is 7 rpm , 13 - 14 volts and above 150 amps current.

Suhail Ahmed
Plating shop employee - India

My first suspect is that the holes in your barrel are not large enough. Second suspect is the dangler is not making good contact and third, you have far more area of parts than 150 amps will work well.

Maybe your bath is contaminated and you have problems in low current density, go for an zinc dust treatment, or analyse the cyanide and sodium hydroxide content, and get them into right proportions.

praveen kumar
Praveen Kumar
plating process supplier
Mumbai, India