-----

"Determination of the throwing power of a Wood's nickel plating bath"

I'm working in a jewelry plating shop and I'm making some study for improving the throwing power of Wood's nickel bath.
I've made some research and found different cells (Haring-Blum, Assaf cell) for measuring TP but I can't decide which one is the best.
Does someone use those cells?

Many thanks in advance.

Manu Dupres
student - Montbeliard, FRANCE
^

I don't know about the assaf cell, but I'd go with the Haring cell. It's simple, easy to read, inexpensive, and designed for what you are trying to do.

Jon Barrows
Jon Barrows, MSF, EHSSC
Independence, Missouri
^

Thank for your reply.

I'll have a look to the Haring cell and find something to add proper agitation to it.

The Assaf cell is a device that contains a metal plate connected to a plastic board at a set distance of 4 mm. While plating, the front, which faces the anode, is the HCD side. Contrary to this, the back, which faces the plastic board, is the LCD side. We take thickness measurements at the center. Dividing the thickness of the back by the thickness of the front gives you the factor of the TP.

Manu DUPRES
- Montbeliard, France
^

It sounds like that would work equally as well. The principle is basically the same.

Jon Barrows
Jon Barrows, MSF, EHSSC
Independence, Missouri
^