-----

"Cathode Trouble"

I am new to electroplating and have run into a couple of problems. I am trying to copper plate(w/ copper sulfate solution) some Si wafer chips (~2cm X 2cm) that have a layer of Ti sputtered on top. I am running into problems with the copper adhering to the wafer. I used a steel alligator clip (w/ covering) to attach the wafer cathode to the power supply. The copper is drawn to the steel clips and coats to that but not the wafer. I am wondering if anyone knows a better way to wire the cathode. Again I am new to electroplating, so I might be doing somewthing else wrong. Thanks, I would appreciate any help!

Ben Pepin
Engineering Research Student - Columbia. Missouri, United States
^

Ben,

How are you activating the Ti? Information on your process would give some clues into your problem.

Tom Horn

Thomas Horn-CEF
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
^