-----

"Mild steel blackening"

I am involved in the manufacture of small mild steel and/or galvanised sheet components. I would like a book that has information on how I can quickly paint them black electrochemically without having to either spray them or dip them in black enamel paint.
The book should have the chemicals used and the process for do it yourself procedures.

ALFONCE MUZATA
small scale manufacturer - Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
^

Hi, Alfonce. It sounds like what you are looking for is "cold blackening" rather than electroplating with a black metal. Most of these processes are proprietary, but you can buy the bluing/blackening solutions in small vials all the way through to pallet loads of 55-gallon drums. Please see our FAQ: "Black Oxide and Cold Blackening" for a start. Good luck.

^