-----

"Co/W or Ni/W alloy coatings on stainless steel? which one?"

I am replacing Cr coating on stain less steel with Co/W and Ni/W alloy coatings.
I want to compare the alloy coatings (Co/W and Ni/W) in the wear and erosion resistance, corrosion resistance, hardness, Mechanical properties or maybe pricing!
Could you please help me in this matter? Is there any article to compare Co/W with Ni/W?

Thanks and regards,

Hamid Sha
Researcher - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
^

Hamid, May I suggest you begin by doing a literature search on Co/W and Ni/W alloy properties. I suspect there has been very little published about them in recent years, but a lot of very good work was done in the 1960-1990 period. Once you have found out what you don't know, it will be time to do a bit of your own research.

You will have found out how to formulate and run plating baths in your literature survey and now you will be able to do some exciting and innovative work! You can find out how the ratio of Ni or Co to W affects its properties and how to control this ratio

One word of advice - you cannot easily plate directly on to stainless steel - you will need to pretreat the surface or the deposits will fall off. Again, this is well known technology and is freely available in many reputable book and other publications. Scientific research is an exciting and living subject, not one where you get answers off the internet. If you don't like finding out and seeing new things that no-one has ever seen before - if that doesn't excite you, become a librarian! Good luck in your research!

^