Gold Refining Equipment, Training, & Economics

2001

Q. How to refine Gold to 99.95 % from scrap gold without acid (aqua regia). I see some sell Neutral chemical.

Anton Bijosono
Navtech Power - Makassar, Sulsel, Indonesia

Minitaur Refining System

2001

Q. I would like to know more about the gold refinery technology called "MINATAUR" and what is the cost of its machinery and equipment. Thank You

Raja A [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

2002

Tahir A [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
goldsmith - U.A.E.

2002

Q. Sir,

We are silver and gold refiners and traders in India. Due to govt awareness on pollution, we are searching for non pollution gold refining machines and its equipments. Please tell us about new technology called MINATAUR, WHETHER it is non polluting. Waiting for an early reply.

Thanking you, Yours,

Arvind Jain
- Delhi, India

2003

Refining Precious Metal Wastes
by Hoke
from
Abe Books

"Recovery And Refining Of Precious Metals"
by C.W. Ammen
info on Amazon

A. Gentlemen,

The Minataur refining system was developed by a South African company called Mintek. A new Minataur Gold Refinery is currently being completed in Dubai and is scheduled to be on line in April 2003.

Jim Sivertsen
United Precious Metal Refining - Alden, New York

A. Thanks Jim. Readers will find that googling for "Mintek Minataur" will work well, whereas "Minataur" alone drowns them under irrelevancies :-)

2006

Q. Dear Sirs

We are gold refiner in Malaysia and are searching for a non-pollution gold refining machines and equipments. Please tell us about the technology called MINATAUR or what are the latest technologies.

Jimmy HO CM
gold refiner - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

2007

A. Hello all,

I am involved in one the gold minataur gold projects in Dubai.

Can you explain to me what you want to know?

Ali [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Dubai, UAE

I'm a university researcher involved in gold industry in Malaysia and am searching for information on non-polluting gold refining machines and equipment, and of course its cost in terms of setting up a plant in Malaysia. Kindly respond about the technology called MINATAUR or other latest and proven technologies in related area.

Mohamad bin Abd Manaf
researcher - Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA

I would like to know more about the gold refinery new technology called "MINATAUR" and what is the cost of its machinery and equipment.And also please let me know where they are available.

Warm Regards.

Ravi B
Jewellery Manufacturers - Hyderabad, Andhrapradesh, India

A. Please check the below maintained link regarding the solvent extraction / Minataur Process --

www.saimm.co.za/publications/downloads/v097n04p169.pdf [ed.note: sorry, link is now broken]

Raju Dhinoja
- AHMEDABAD (Gujarat) INDIA

2006

Q. Please give me details how to purchase refinery equipment.

Anthony S [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- GHANA

2006

Q. I am a jeweler and want to refine my own polishing sweeps I have been a jeweler for 30 years and would like the method please.

Theo
manufacturing jeweler - South Africa

2007

Q. I need resources, on metal refinery equipment for purchase?

Miguel Castillo
buyer - Miami, Florida

2007

Q. Hi! I am looking for a supplier of an Electrolytic Refining equipment for gold. Please help me.

BENJIE VAZQUEZ
RESELLER - PHILIPPINES

Q. I want to purchase a gold refining machine to convert impure gold to pure gold (24 ct) for small scale purchase (for a show room of gold jewellery).

mohan lal jaim
buyer - hyderabad ,andhra pradesh,India

Q. I am working on aqua regia to refinery scrap gold, if I start heating my aqua regia, what is the best safe working temperature?

Second question is that Fes or FeSO4, which chemical can be used to precipitate precious metals.

Syed Ali
Gold Refinery - Dubai, UAE

Q. I am just curious, does anyone offer a gold refining school or a place to come and learn the process?

Lincoln Mitchell
- Marietta, Georgia & United States

A. Are you sure that you want to do this? You will be working with cyanide. Your local and state environmental people will be very interested and paranoid, not to mention the neighbors.
P.S. it takes permits to have this stuff.

Seeking advice on 92% gold

Q. Dear Experts,
I'm going to import 1-kg gold bar with purity of 92% from Ghana. My margin is -2.5% from the market price. So, when I send this 92% 1-kg gold to refinery, to convert to 24 carat (995%), what is the net weight I will get? Will that be profitable for me to sell the metal (after refinery process) to market price?
Example : current gold price $54,885 USD (1kg).
I buy for -2.5% from the market price, i.e., $53,512.88 USD
After smelting process 1000 grams of 22 carat metal will be reduced to 990 grams of metal with purity of 995%.
So if I sell this 990 grams metal to my buyer I will get USD 54,059
I.e. (990 grams x 995 purity / 1000 = 985.05 pure gold).
If you multiply 985.05 pure gold x 54.88 (current market price, per gram) = USD 54,059.54. So my profit is only USD 546.66 (54,059.54-53,512.88=546.66). Is it advisable to buy the gold at this price ... because from this profit of 546.66 still I need to pay Smelting charges to the refinery and customs clearance charges to Dubai customs. Please advise, thanks.

Kuganathan Subramani
- Dubai, UAE

A. Hi Kuganathan. I think you need to be very careful with your math :-(

Unless I'm misunderstanding: if the Ghana bars are 92% gold, 1000 grams of them yields only
1000 x (.92/.995) = 924.6 grams of 99.5% gold.

thumbs up sign Thank you for your response...

Kuganathan Subramani [returning]
KAM Gold - Dubai, United Arab Emirates

A. Hi,
1000 grams of 22 carat metal will be reduced to 990 grams of metal with purity of 995%.
After refining you should get 921 gm of 99.5% purity of gold.
Means After smelting, still some impurities remains.

bhupesh mulik
- MUMBAI, India