-----

Want to Black Chrome my "bike"

Hi My name is Chloé, and as a girl rider I want to customize my bike (1100 Yamaha Classic) to look like no other bike. I want to get rid of all the Chrome on the bike, and replace it with Black Chrome, like wise eliminate all polished aluminum surfaces and have them anodized black or Black Chromed too! Is this something that can be done with the existing parts (have them re-done). I want a totally black bike. I'm having the tank & fenders painted Mystic Black and aside from the airbrush work...I want the bike all black. Can I get this done?

Thanks...Chloé Ann LOS Star 394 Chicago.

Chloé Andersen
- Racine, Wisconsin, USA

January , 2009

Hi, LOS Star 394. There is no reason this cannot be done. It's just that it's not cheap!

Hello Chloé,

We use to do a process that we called "Black Nickel" it was probably a similar effect to what you are looking for, it looked like a highly polished black onyx, it was awesome! It was a long process & a lot of legwork not to mention like Ted said VERY EXPENSIVE! There is a lot of buffing & polishing before any of the plate can be put on,to make a long story short, we first plated Bright Nickel, then Chrome,then put on the Black Nickel. We actually did a Harley gas tank for a co-worker & it came out Absolutely Incredible,but like I said it was a ton of prep work & a lot of plate, then finally we clear powder coated it! Awesome & Expensive,but Well Worth It!

Good Luck & Best Regards,

Brian C. Gaylets
sewer authority - Scranton, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.

Black nickel scratches in some cases and will show a silver streak. Black chrome will also do it, but it will stand a lot more abuse.