-----

Red dot in 24k gold electroformed product

Do you have any related essay about the issue of red dot appearing in the surface of 24K electroformed product? Or if you know that it is inevitably, could you provide an essay to confirm this theory?

Henry Chow
Engineer - Hong Kong

Hi Henry,
I can't see those dots so I can guess only. I deal with electroformed gold from time to time and observe similar appearance. In my opinion it's a result of an occlusion. I usually remove it by boiling in water followed by short heating of the electroformed part to 600 deg. Of course if such a treatment is possible.

JANUSZ LABEDZ
- WARSAW, POLAND

Hi JANUSZ ,

Thanks for your comment. We also remove it by short firing and then wash it by nitric acid.

By now, I need to obtain a related article talking about this issue is normal and inevitably or maybe actually due to improper handling in production process. Have you known where I can get this essay?

Thanks a lot !

Henry Chow
- Hong Kong

CHECK IF YOU ARE WORKING WITH COPPER OR BRASS JIGGS , MAYBE YOU ARE CONTAMINATING SLOWLY YOUR BATH WITH COPPER

Ricardo Burstein
Bnei Berak, Israel