-----

What to do about the vin # sticker

I want to polish my frame on my 2004 Hayabusa and the vin# sticker is right in the center of the frame if I remove it can I get another one can any one help me

Billy Cardwell
hobbyist - Pineville, Louisiana

You may want to leave the vin tag untouched. Most of the Motor Vehicle Departments frown upon messing with those tags. Just work around it and avoid any hassles. They can in some cases seize your bike for tampering with that thing.
Or you may want to go to some sport bike rallies and talk to some people who may have done what you want to do and see how they handled it. Or talk to your local department of motor vehicles and see what they have to say. But keep in mind what they say is ok in their state may not be ok in some other state.
I have seen more than one case of vehicles being seized for improper tags and or registration.

Frank DeGuire
- St. Louis, Missouri, USA