-----

White spot appears on bright nickel/chrome plated faucet

Helle, I'm a faucet manufacturing company employee in electroplating part.

In summer, I got the product from our warehouse. There was white spot on bright nickel/ chrome plated faucets. There was no problem whit thickness (Ni 10§--, Cr 0.2§--)

It couldn't remove easily, so I used gel-type abrasives to remove it.

I didn't hear white corrosion (like white rust of zinc substrate) of brass substrate.
Is there a any possibility that it can be microbiological corrosion? (In summer season, our warehouse condition is very hot and humid(35¡É. humidity 70~80%) There are also some water remained in faucet.)

Look forward to your reply.

Steve Lim
plating shop employee - South Korea

Steve!
To me it sounds like pretreatment solution which comes out from pores in the base material. Take a piece of wet pH indicator paper and put it on the spots. When the spots react alkaline it is strong evidence for pretreatment solution.

greets
Franz

Franz Gassner
Automotive - Munich

Thank you for reply.

I think It is very simple and clear solution.
I will try and post conclusion!

Best Regard.

Steve Lim
- South Korea