-----

Silver Plating or Coating a timber beam

Dear All,

I am currently looking for a way to silver plate or coat large timber Oak beams in a relatively cost efficient manner as the area is large. I wish for the wood grain and darker knots to show through so you can see the texture and colour of the timber. So I want a colour depth to this timber. The coating or stain should have a satin sheen to it with some degree of reflectivity. I am not sure how to go about this and what products are available on the market. The total area of coverage is about 1.2 sq m. The end product will be a table.

Neal Shah
Architect - Edessa, Greece

Try leaf silvering,process is same as leaf gilding(very thin gold or silver or copper or brass or aluminum leafs can be glued to any surface pretreated with special sticky coating).Hope it helps and good luck!

- Cerovski vrh Croatia