-----

Chrome Plating of Striped Cylinder Liner

Sir
I work as process engineer in automotive industry ( Diesel loco). Due to power failure we have big numbers of rejection of cylinder liners. We are not successful at plating of stripped cylinder liners. So please tell me which type of precaution should be taken for good plating of cylinder liner or any other process for good plating. Please help us I execute the hard chrome plating of cylinder liner for diesel (electro) and I am facing problem of milky deposition (Rough) especially in stripped liners. And what is the ideal procedure for plating of stripped liner? And what is ratio between sulphate and chromic acid. Please help me.

M Z NADEEM
Plating shop employee - VARANASI, U.P , India

I am amazed at the amount of people that attempt to do electroplating without the appropriate reference/operations documents.
The normal chrome to sulfuric acid ratio is 100 to 1. Now please note that you have to have the correct laboratory procedures or you could be comparing apples to oranges.

Milky plate does not have to be rough but can be. It is because you are plating with the wrong amperage for the temperature or more probably the wrong temperature for the amperage. If it is not bright, it is inferior plate! There are parameters for bright plate.