-----

Need to cover a non-food counter top for sales counter in retail

trying to figure out a way to cover an existing counter in a retail store and I really like the look of stainless steel, but that is NOT affordable. Any ideas? Is sheet metal or galvanized tin easy to bend over the edges & corners and can/should I put a poly coating on it? Is there a certain glue to adhere it or should I just let it 'float'.
Thanks for any advice given this do it yourself woman!
Donna

Donna Wade
crafter/do-it-yourself-er - Birmingham, Alabama

Hi, Donna. Bending sheet metal with a sheet metal brake is the easiest thing in the world. Bending it without a sheet metal brake is something that I wouldn't try. If you can talk yourself into just putting a flat sheet of sheet metal on the counter with contact cement, and doing the edges with ceramic tile or wood molding, then I think you have a do-it-yourselfer.