How Do I Find the Percent of Acid in My Tank

(2000)

Q. We are using a hydrometer to test the percent of acid in our anodizing tank and I was told this is not the best way to make this check. We are using sulfuric acid and water at 25 degrees to 30 degrees F . I was told wet lab testing is the best way to make this check, is this acid titration? if so how do I find the percent with this method? I understand the procedure but I am not clear with chemistry and the formula so laymen's terms will help me a lot

Jason Krause
- MARYSVILLE Michigan US

(2000)

A. I would strongly recommend that you get a copy of the Metal Finishing Guidebook. It has an excellent analysis section and will include several facts that are pertinent that you have not asked for. I would sign up for the magazine and ask for an immediate copy of the guidebook. Ted or Tom used to sell some back issues that they had for enough to handle shipping and handling. The analysis section has not changed in years.