Combining Processes

(2000)

I would like to thank those of you who answered my first question. You were all a great help.

Now that you have answered that question it leads me to another. The parts we process are heat treated,pickled,chemically deburred and then black oxided. These areas are not next to each other and I would like to bring them all together in one line.

Is it possible for me to run pickling, chemical deburr and black oxide all together from the same tumbling barrel. I would like this line to be all together with the tumbling barrel moved by a hoist on a monorail going to each tank.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Terry Murphy
- Bridgeport, Connecticut USA

(2000)

Terry -

I don't see any problem with using the same barrel for this process line. I am curious about needing a pickle and chem deburr. The chem deburr should take off the heat treat scale by itself. Contact your black oxide vendor (or go to our website) and have someone look at your proposed layout to be sure there are no hidden glitches. Good Luck.

Dan Brewer
chemical process supplier - Gurnee, Illinois

(2000)

Once again I would like to thank those of you who have answered my previous questions. You have all been such a great help. I have now set up the line the way I think it should be but before I give my proposal to my company I want to know if it is going to work. I am looking for a company on the East Coast from New Jersey to Massachusetts that has a line similar to what I am proposing that I may come and look at. My line would consist of a pickling area,chemical deburring and black oxiding with all appropriate rinses.

There would also be rust inhibitor tanks. This would be one continuous line serviced by hoists and tumbling (plating) barrels. The process would start with pickling go through chemical deburring and finish with black oxiding in a "U" configuration. If anyone out there has a set-up similar to this and wouldn't mind me coming to your place to see it I would greatly appreciate it. Thanking you in advance.

Terry Murphy
- Bridgeport, Connecticut

(2000)

Mr. Murphy: Heatbath Corporation can help you with your equipment and chemical needs. We can see no problem at this point to achieve your process goal. Please contact us.

Tom Walen
Heatbath Corporation
Springfield, Massachusetts
Heatbath banner