Need black wrinkle paint, sprayable by airbrush

Black Wrinkle Paint

Black Wrinkle Paint

(2001)

RFQ: Hi there,

I am looking for a good wrinkle paint in black, can anybody help please?

Sid A. Wright
- Mansfield, Notts., U.K.
outdated

RFQ: I am restoring a collection of measuring instruments that originally have a black wrinkle (not crackle) finish, similar to that used on some old vehicle dashboards. The original finish was on Moore & Wright instruments.
I can find wrinkle paint in aerosol spray cans, but for this application I want to apply by airbrush, so it needs to be in ordinary tins or jars.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Albert Bishop
Retired precision engineer - Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England
outdated

----
Ed. note: For the adventurous, please see letter 409 for a discussion of how wrinkle paint works and, perhaps, how you can make it.

A. I am looking for a similar paint product. Since there has been no answers to this thread in almost 10 years, I am going to suggest getting a can of wrinkle black paint and depressurize the can then open it up with a saw or drill, and voila! You have wrinkle black paint for your airbrush! Thin as necessary, but remember that ANYTHING ADDED WILL AFFECT THE FINAL FINISH.

Garry Marz
Godfella's MC Shop - chicago, Illinois USA