-----

How can I electroplate MoCr?

2000

I am looking for information on setting up an molybdenum or MoCr plating bath. I need to plate the MoCr and plate onto the MoCr. Can anyone guide me to the proper literature for this information

Jaime Mendoza
- san jose, California, USA

2000

If you are talking about plating onto chro-molly steel, that can be done with out too much of a problem. If you are talking about plating on a pure chrome/moly alloy, you will be in for a great amount of pain. It is very difficult for someone that has not gone thru the learning curve and darn few of us want to tangle with that. If you have an unlimited budget, have at it.

The last I knew, pure molly could not be deposited. Alloys of iron or nickel or cobalt can be, but they are difficult to maintain and the equipment to check the composition of the plate is massively out of the range of most people that would ask that question here.

The vapor deposition folks can do some wonderful work with some exotic alloys. Is that a possibility?