Dosing of SBS required to reduce Hexavalent Chrome

(-----) February 15, 2008

Dear Sir,

I am operating the ETP plant in the Steel Industry from last 1 month. As this plant effluent contains higher concentration of the Hexavalent Chrome content. The chrome content will be neutralize in the neutralization with SBS in presense of H2SO4. So, due to this maximum reduction of COD is possible as per the texts. Though we are adding the SBS to neutralize the Chrome content and also maintaining the pH at 2-3 but we are not achieveing the COD at our final tank after secondary clarifier. So, I wanted to know the dozing of the SBS and H2SO4 i.e exactly required to treat 10 m3 of Wastewater. Hereby, my exact question is regarding to the calculation for on basis of which I can dose the chemicals. If any stoichiometric procedure is there for it then please guide me.

JINESH SHAH
ENV. SCIENTIST - KUTCH, GUJARAT, INDIA
^

Hello, Jinesh. I believe that letter 26494 will answer all of your questions. Good luck.

^