How to simulate Blister Problem

(-----) January 18, 2008

Dear Sirs.

I have got complaint from customer about blister on the EN- plating.

I did simulated many item to find how to make this problem. But we can not.

So if someone can advise me how to make blister by EN- plating.

Somporn
- Thailand
^

This is a strange question, Somporn. If you can't make the parts blister but your customer does, I think you need to ask them what they do. For a customer to have a parts wrecking procedure which they deliberately hold secret would be a bit ridiculous. But, in general, the way to make something blister is to heat it more than it can take without blistering. Perhaps I misunderstood the question though.

^

Somporn,
I used to hate when a customer would want me to simulate a rejected part. It is their way of telling you you have a problem in your process, therefore, go find what it is. It could be something simple as that the operator rushed through the cleaning and activation steps so he or she could make it to break on time before the parts went into EN. Maybe they had a football bet to collect before Joe blew the cash on lunch. Corrective action reports most times satisfy the customer. How are you going to make a rejected part if you follow the process to a T? Good luck to you.

Process Engineer - Syracuse, New York
^

Hi K.Somporn

First of all you didn't mention what kind of material you are dealing with,most of the time it is due to the pretreatment process.

Karwai Liong
- Thailand
^