Paintball Gun anodizing

(-----) 2007

I want to anodize my gun myself and have read a lot about it. My gun is black to red fade and I want to dye it a light blue color. Do I need to dye it white first?If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

Adam Flick
hobbyist - Middlebury, Indiana
^

Hi. The current coating must be stripped to bare aluminum, finished the way you like (polished, brushed, matte, etc.) then the anodize process can take place and your part dyed blue and sealed. There is no white anodize. If you want to do it yourself, there are lots of hobbyist anodizing sites to be found, but you must have patience and you don't want your first attempt to be the part you "need". Try searching for LCD anodizing methods. Also gun parts tend to be cast pieces which present their own level of difficulty and need some experience to get the hang of.

Justin Martin
Liverpool, Pennsylvania, USA
^

your name here