Looking for "NicSand" Aluminum Oxide Sanding Gel

A discussion started in 2007 & continuing through 2017 . . .

(2007)

Q. I found a bottle of NicSand Aluminum Oxide Gel at a Liquidation store here in Anchorage, Alaska. The bottle said that the gel polishes like 10,000 grit sandpaper and it was safe to use on all metals and plastics. I found that this was the best product I've used for polishing metal!

It did everything claimed and more. Problem is, I've used all of it and can't find any more. I've tried to contact the company without success. Please help me locate more of this wonderful product.

Sincerely,

Karen Luce
hobbyist - Anchorage, Alaska

(2007)

A. Try the following site -- www.supergrit.com/downloads/SGcatalog10.pdf -- to download a catalog (sanding gel kits). Hope this helps.

Dave Richardson
- Spotsylvania, Virginia

----
Ed. note Apr. 2016: That address is now www.supergrit.com/home/catalog_download.asp

A. It is currently a "buy it now" product on ebay

John Brenneman
- Cleveland Ohio

----
Ed. note -- June 2013: Sorry, it doesn't appear to be available on ebay anymore

A. It's called "pol-gel" sanding gel. Can get it at customchemicalpkg.com. Same stuff.

ken jaclson
- Cromwell Minnesota

Q. I have a bottle of NicSand Polishing formula, I am looking for the foam applicators that came with the original package? Anyone know where I can get a pair?

Ray Parker
consumer - Texas

Q. I am also looking for the polishing discs back-up pads (Foam pads) that came with this kit.

Bernie Stangle
- Ellicott City, Maryland

44933
"There is a time I reflect upon nostalgically -- a time when monopoly was an evil targeted by Congress and guarded against by the antitrust laws of the United States", Judge Martin said, "Today, however, the majority treats monopoly more as a board game than as an economic harm to the public".

opinion!  Hi Bernie. Sorry, but in this age where cronyism is eliminating capitalism, megacorps like 3-M aren't happy about having even a small competitor, and one way or the other they achieve the monopoly they seek. Their sole competitor NicSand is just history =>

Q. I have all the necessary parts to use NicSand, except for the instructions. My VHS copy snarled in the player. Is there a DVD out there somewhere?

Van Hoyt
- Winthrop, New york