Individual current to anodes

(-----) 2006

We do Cu-Ni-Cr plating on plastics. In our acid copper tanks, we have the bus-bar coming from the rectifier which is connected to one end of the anode rod, and the anodes are hung line wise on the rod.
Someone suggested me of taking out cables from the rectifier (one cable for each anode) and giving the anodes individual current direct from the rectifier.
It is possible for me to do that without much trouble, but I wanna ask that is this of any use or will it help me in any way... if YES..then which ways.

Rahul kakkar
job-worker - New Delhi, India
^

2006

If you are using solid copper anode bus bars, keep them clean to ensure good contact, you will be fine the way you are doing things. I don't see any advantage in individual cables for each anode. If you have 18 anodes you have to run the same amount of current rated cables? Forget it! I would not change the way you currently have your tank set up. Good Luck!

Process Engineer - Syracuse, New York
^